Ephesians 6:10-24 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, andhaving put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, makingsupplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.
21 So that you also may know how I am and what I am doing, Tychicus the beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord will tell you everything. 22 I have sent him to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are, and that he may encourage your hearts.
23 Peace be to the brothers, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.24 Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love incorruptible.
Do you feel as though life is a war? What we need to know is that it’s not just us and Jesus. There’s a third variable: Satan and his demons. We are in a war and Paul says the strength we need to stand firm and fight is found “in the Lord and in the strength of his might.” Do you know your enemy- Satan and demons? Your king- Jesus? What weapons are you using to fight?
1. Was there anything from Sunday’s Sermon or the Big Idea that was new to you or had an affect on you? Did you hear anything that raised more questions in your mind?
2. What stands out to you in Ephesians 6:10-24 and why? What remaining questions do you have about the passage?
3. Barna Research Group records that 40% of professed American Christians do not believe that Satan is a real being. What dangers lie in not recognizing you have a real enemy?
4. What does it look like for someone to try and fight in their own strength, rather than in the strength of Jesus? (see Eph. 6:10). What dangers lie in trying to fight in your own strength, rather than in the strength that Jesus provides?
5. Discuss any of the weapons that either stood out to you or confused you (see Eph. 6:14-18).
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written,
“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Sermon Mp3 (Listen)
- Sermon Mp3 (Download)
- Subscribe or stream sermons from iTunes
- Community Group Discussion 7.23-24.13 PDF
EKKLESIA COVENANT MEMBERSHIP
We have opened up the door for people to become Covenant Members of Ekklesia Muskogee. We invite you to get a copy of the Ekklesia Membership Covenant and the Ekklesia Doctrinal Statement, read and pray over them, then arrange a meeting with a Pastor to discuss, pray, and sign the Covenant together.
More Content from Ephesians