A miracle is when Jesus, who upholds the universe by the word of his power (Hebrews 1:3), does something in the world differently than he normally does in order to love people and reveal his glory. Jesus does miracles to
1. alleviate temporary suffering (freeing people from sickness and oppression),
2. help end eternal suffering (authenticating the gospel message so that people may repent of their sin and believe in Jesus for salvation from sin and death),
3. point us to the end of any and all suffering (when Jesus comes back and restores this broken creation and puts everything right).
ACTS 5:11-16 11 And great fear came upon the whole church and upon all who heard of these things. 12 Now many signs and wonders were regularly done among the people by the hands of the apostles. And they were all together in Solomon’s Portico. 13 None of the rest dared join them, but the people held them in high esteem. 14 And more than ever believers were added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women, 15 so that they even carried out the sick into the streets and laid them on cots and mats, that as Peter came by at least his shadow might fall on some of them. 16 The people also gathered from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing the sick and those afflicted with unclean spirits, and they were all healed.
1. Was there anything from the sermon or the big idea that stood out to you or challenged you? Was there anything new? Was there anything confusing?
2. What stands out to you in Acts 5:11-16 and why?
A miracle is when Jesus, who upholds the universe by the word of his power (Hebrews 1:3), does something in the world differently than he normally does in order to love people and reveal his glory.
3. Do you truly believe that Jesus can heal you or others? How can others in your group pray for you?
The same Holy Spirit, sent by Jesus, who worked miracles through the Apostles is the same Spirit who empowers Jesus’ mission of bold gospel proclamation.
4. How can you specifically ask for the Holy Spirit to come upon you so that you can be the witness Jesus is calling you to be?
5. Spend some time praying for the lost to be saved by Jesus, praying for your city, and praying for Jesus to build His church in Checotah, Eufaula, and Muskogee.
The good news of the Gospel is this: for those who’s faith is in Jesus alone…
- Jesus HAS saved us from the PENALTY of sin, (Propitiation/Justification)
- Jesus IS saving us from the POWER of sin, and (Sanctification)
- Jesus WILL save us one day from the PRESENCE and affects of sin (Glorification)
- Sermon Mp3 (Listen)
- Sermon Mp3 (Download)
- Subscribe or stream sermons from iTunes
- JESUS’ SIGNS sermon notes PDF
- Community Group Discussion 5.6-7.14 PDF