Someone pray, asking God to help everyone understand the passage, apply it to our lives, and to love Jesus and love others. Read Mark 12:41-44 and discuss the following.
1. Study through Mark 12:41-44 together. What stands out to you and why?
2. Why do you think God has so much to say in the Bible concerning money—our attitude of it and how we use it?
3. What is the significance that the focus of Jesus was not on the large sums but on the small amount the widow gave?
4. What is the purpose of giving an offering?
5. How should verse 44 lead us to think about Jesus and His gospel? *see 2 Corinthians 8:9
6. What did the generosity of Jesus accomplish? How is what Jesus accomplished in His life, death, and resurrection applied to us, in time, by the Holy Spirit?
7. What a financial generosity a sign of, according to Luke 19:8? Acts 2:45? Acts 4:34-35? 2 Corinthians 8:1-3?
8. To what should Christians give first to and second to according to Acts 4:34-35? Galatians 6:10? Malachi 3:8-10?
9. What is a lack of generosity a sign of, according to Matthew 25:33-46?
- Sermon audio mp3 (click to listen or right click and “save as” to download)
- Subscribe or Stream sermon videos from our YouTube
- SERMON NOTES how to be blessed
- CG DISCUSSION how to be blessed