Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him;
he has put him to grief;
when his soul makes an offering for guilt,
he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.
Isaiah 53 focuses on the ultimate plan of Christmas: the crucifixion of Jesus. This passage prophesies the Cross and reveals the love that God has for his children by the crushing of his Son. It pleased God the Father to crush and put Jesus to grief for our sins. God’s love is revealed as he wanted so desperately to redeem sinners and glorify himself that it pleased him to put his Son to death. Jesus’ love is also revealed because he himself was pleased to be crushed. Let each of us take pleasure—both now and forever—in the one who was pleased to save us, even at great cost to himself.
1. Read through Isaiah 53 and discuss what stands out to you.
2. What does Isaiah 53:10 teach us about Christmas?
3. What does Isaiah 53:10 teach us about The Cross?
4. Pray for one another.
- Sermon audio mp3 (listen)
- Sermon audio mp3 (download)
- Subscribe or stream sermons from iTunes
- CG DISCUSSION the plan